hzdeleted_14586511

HDB Interior Design that Never Go Out of Style

User
9 years ago
In the year 1964, the government of Singapore decreed to provide its citizens a tangible asset in the country through what they call as the “Home Ownership for the People Scheme.” The government believed that an empowered citizen with a home of their own will eventually lead to a stable nation, economically and culturally.

Since then, a lot of people in Singapore have resided in homes regulated by the Housing and Development Board or commonly known as the HBD. It is the main public housing authority and statutory board under the Ministry of National Development. Their goal is to provide the citizens with quality homes and environment suitable for living. They are guided by the concept of what they call as the “cohesive communities.”

As part of its strict enforcement of their regulations, the Housing and Development Board do not allow renovation of the provided homes without their approval. If an individual wants to renovate an HDB house, he or she must seek and secure an approval and permit from the government agency to be able to carry out their tasks. A renovation without permit could mean penalties and sanctions from the HDB.

Despite this strictness, people are still allowed to be given freedom and leeway to design their homes. There are a lot of HDB-accredited interior design companies which provide HBD renovation packages to give your pad a fresher and more unique look.

Let’s take a look at some of the most beautiful design styles for HDB homes.

Earthy tones palette – Nothing goes wrong with simple black, white, and earthy tones for your HDB interior design. The natural feel of earthy colors and palette will give you warm look, sophistication and feel acceptable for a lot of people. If you want a safe and surefire design for your small pad, you may want to consider doing earthy tones for it.

Industrial – Because most of HDB homes are small, designs that are stylish yet functional are most needed. Using mirrors to create an illusion of wideness are commonly used by HDB renovation packages to visually enlarge the home. White and metallic colors can be used to provide a strong edgy look for your space.

Funky and cool – If you are adventurous and love to experiment, try to splash your HDB interior design with funky and cool inspirations. Try to have fun with colors and the type of furniture. What is so special about this design theme is that it breaks the monotony of home spaces. It brings out the personality of an individual.

Minimalist – Of course, the minimalist theme of design will never be out on this list. Sometimes, it is best to keep things in simplicity. White, black, gray and other neutral colors will work on this type of HDB interior designs. To cut the snooze, try to have centerpieces that are eye-popping. Accentuate the floor to make it stunning.

Comment

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.