shannon_li2796074

Color advice to match Brown leather sofa

Shannon Li
6 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are doing renovation and buying furnitures for our new home. It's a quite small condominium not a house. I purchased this sofa and would like to buy the dinning set as shown. Both are quite dark brown tone. What color shall I paint for the walls for in the living area? Our wooden floor will be a little darker than the picture shown and not glossy finish but matt finish. We would like to paint the TV wall (where the sofa will be facing) a different color than the rest. Any recommendation? Also, which color shall we choose for the TV stand and coffee table? If we choose the same brown tone, will it be too dark? Thank you in advance for all the advices!

Comments (8)

• Tony McIntyre
    6 years ago
    Hi, You've chosen a lovely set of furniture. The TV stand and coffee table I would chose white wood or darkened glass (depending on your style.) I'm not sure about the walls but the TV wall should be wallpaper.
  • Vega Maguire
    6 years ago
    duck egg blue, the color will compliment the brown really well :)
  • PRO
    VizX Design Studios, LLC
    6 years ago
    You can paint the walls a light grayish blue or a really light green. The coffee table can be glass with grayish metal footings.
  • Shannon Li
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you, Tony. What color of wall paper are you suggesting?
  • Shannon Li
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Will something like this be matching the floor, sofa and dinner sets? Maybe I choose a white color coffee table as well?
  • Shannon Li
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    These are the color we are going to choose from. Our living room got one side is all window as shown in the picture. One side has two doors towards kitchen and a small storage room. We would like to put the Sofa in the middle to divide the living room into living area and dining area. Also we would like to paint the wall into a different shades than the rest of the room. Any recommendations?
  • Vega Maguire
    6 years ago
    Duck egg blue
  • allison50
    5 years ago
    Second row from bottom, as shown in photo. Soft taupe on the left as the whole room color. The grey-purple on right as accent wall. I paint lighter, light -reflecting colors on walls positioned opposite windows, that way the natural light will reflect and light up the room and make it feel bigger.
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.