evamtara

How to arrange my sofa in a 1000 square feet condo

evamtara
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am going to shift into a brand new condo soon and have a huge problem. I would love to have a 3 seater chesterfield and an arm chair but do not know how to arrange without making the space looks cluttered with big furniture as my tv point is on a "short wall" around 167cm only. Should I change my tv point to the opposite wall? But it means I can't have my 3 seater chesterfield sofa against the 167cm wall as it may look odd? Please advice???

Comments (5)

• evamtara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi so sorry to trouble u guys.. But I really dunno how my furniture should be arranged.. Really seek your help in this.. Will be very grateful for any advice given
  • PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    9 years ago
    This is a difficult space for laying out furniture..

I suggest placing the couch against the wall opposite the TV with a chair at the end nearest the dining room facing the balcony. This will keep the space as open as possible for easy circulation and flow between the balcony and the dining room.
    evamtara thanked Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
  • ainslie23
    9 years ago
    Don't feel you have you have your lounge/sofa against a wall. I would position the sofa facing the terrace windows or along the same line as the 167cm wall, but further towards the dinning area facing the long wall. Again not up against any walls. Use the chesterfield as a partition to define the living room space from the dinning. Position your tv on the long wall opposite the 167cm wall. Hopefully what I've tried to explain makes sense. Love the sofa. Ainslie
    evamtara thanked ainslie23
  • edithsmom
    9 years ago
    Suggest you measure the sofa to see if you have enough walking around space if you place it facing the balcony as ainslie suggested, which I also think would work well.
    evamtara thanked edithsmom
  • evamtara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks a lot Lampert Dias architect, ainslie, and edithsmom for your precious comments. I was so happy and excited when I saw your comments being posted up... Really appreciate it so much.
    My chesterfield measures about 210cm by 89cm by 75cm...hence I am not sure if there is still space for an armchair. I love the aviator chair from restoration hardware but probably have to give it a miss as the arm chair's length is about 100 cm .

Any advice on any armchair that can go with the chesterfield? Or not advisable to put any armchair since the space layout is quite small?
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.