tshariff

Need help creating an industrial feel that's still cozy

tshariff
9 years ago
Hello Houzz Community!

I'm trying to do up my living room with a somewhat industrial feel. But I still want it to be cozy. ("Cozy Industrial Chic!")

So far, the pieces you see are all I have. Here are my design dilemmas:
- I want to paint the wall facing the couch in a dark color. Initially I wanted to go with a dark, purplish grey but now I'm not sure it will go with the floor. Also, Singapore is extremely hot and humid - do you think a dark color there will make the place feel even hotter?
- What other furniture pieces should I add on the wall facing the sofa? I'm not strongly in favor of a TV console - I was thinking a couple of arm chairs and perhaps a bookcase.
-I bought the red, Chinese cabinet because I LOVE it. I'd like to incorporate it into this room but don't have to. If I keep it where it is, I could put a large plant on the right of it to separate from the seating area. If not, what else would I do with this space?
- The dining table is a bit larger than I expected but now that it's here, how do I work with it? It's pretty high. I was thinking of getting a bench made for one side and chairs for the other side.....the chair you see in the living room doesn't go with it because of the legs I think. And it's too short. Ideas for benches and chairs and their colors?
-I think I should change the legs on the sofa - what do you think will look good?
-Don't love the lighting over the dining table but it's the landlords.

Thanks! :)

Comments (4)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.