zeisi

Curtains - despite aircons above the window

zeisi
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I would like to do floor length curtains in our house - from ceiling to floor - but have Aircon units above the window. How do I "model around it"?

Comments (7)

• katiede
    9 years ago
    Can you post a picture please?
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 years ago
    You will have to mount a rod on the ceiling in front of the aircons and of course the drapes will have to be open when it is running.
  • zeisi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Of course ... here we go. Let me know if this helps. Patricia, yes, I understand that the drapes will need to be open. IN my case the curtains are less about Privacy, but more about making the room visually higher & covering windows that are not too attractive. (note 1: the landlord's curtains in the picture have been removed)
  • zeisi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Would be super if anyone could help me please!
  • suzanne_m
    9 years ago
    Do you think you could box the aircon unit and do something like in the picture below?
  • studio10001
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    A structured cornice can hide the AC, and blinds or shades will cover the gap from AC bottom edge and window top edge. You will likely want to point the AC down, rather than out, to keep the treatment from wafting about. The width of your windows will result in great visual weight with this treatment.
    Traditional Dining room-Alexandra Showhouse space · More Info
  • studio10001
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    If you are willing to keep the wall, AC and window trim the same colour,you might have better luck in disguising the AC without a cornice - choose a strong drapery fabric and, all attention will go toward it,instead.
    Evanston Historical Home · More Info
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.