leewinnie

Need advise on kitchen counter top

leewinnie
5 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm currently in the midst of renovation for my house and i had confirmed with my contractor to use white solid surface for my counter top. However, i chanced upon a dialogue that solid surface stained very easily and if i choose white, it will turn yellowish. I'm very lost now on what material i should be using. Please advise. Some details: I have a small kitchen/gallery kitchen Cooks everyday Thank you in advance. Winnie (Singapore)

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    5 years ago
    A quartz product may be your best option.
    leewinnie thanked Brickwood Builders, Inc.
  • vishugarg2013
    5 years ago
    I think u should go with granite as it does not get stained easily...n yes, u can also choose quartz marble as the PRO. suggest u..( as the quartz has a glittery surface...so it will enhance ur gallery kitchen..)
    leewinnie thanked vishugarg2013
  • marilynellis
    5 years ago
    Quartz countertop. Only plastic turns yellow. The old wives tales that circulate always amaze me.
    leewinnie thanked marilynellis
  • leewinnie
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you all for your replies.
    Granite is definitely a great choice but as it porous I didn't want to spend the money to have it polished annually.

could i also ask if solid surface gets stained easily and will white turn yellowish?

I'm not sure if brand matters but the brand that my interior designer is CRESTO and it is made in China. Anyone of you heard of this brand?

Thanks
    Lee Winnie
  • PRO
    Metallic Epoxy Singapore
    11 months ago

Hi @leewinnie, it is TRUE that white countertops turn yellow, or amber overtime, and not an old wives' tale as suggested. Good maintenance habits and regular cleaning will delay the ambering, but in Singapore's hot and humid climate, it will turn. here is an example of a quartz countertop which was refurbished by us.

https://www.facebook.com/MetallicEpoxySG/videos/vl.722116121496310/2034594186840580/?type=1

for more information, head over to www.metallicepoxy.sg!

• PRO
    AX Image Group
    6 months ago

Since you cook frequently, it is advisable to use higher durability counter tops like quartz. Do note there are different grades of quartz and it will be ideal to compare with different brands.

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.