webuser_804532

Built in study

Jason P'ng
9 years ago
I have a room which is 10ft x 10ft. I intend to make it into a gym room plus a study. Old built in study tables have a depth of 2 feet. This leaves the remaining length at 8ft x 10 ft to the other side of the wall.

I was told that built in study tables now do not need to necessarily be 2 feet deep. I just want to get opinions of this is true. Do I sacrificed study desk depth to increase space for my gym area or keep study desk area at 2 feet depth?

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    9 years ago
    The desk can be at any depth you want as long as you can live with the reduced size. Not sure how effective it is to have a dual function room of a gym and study.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 years ago
    Gym equipment takes up a lot of space even just a treadmill and weight bench will pretty much fill the room iwould measure this out before adding study table.
  • jn3344
    9 years ago
    You could do fold down tables for the study space. Have some built ins 12 or 14 inches and have the table fold down and you could make it as big as you wanted.

Lots of ideas if you search photos.

Good luck!

[houzz=
    Making Room · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Alterman · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Alterman · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Baer Retreat · More Info
    ]
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.