tarunlakhani

Need help in designing Foyer Area

tarunlakhani
9 years ago
Hi
Request group to suggest some design for the Foyer area for our new apartment. We want to design it resort style and hence want an entry which is more towards nature with wood, stone slab, pebbles and plants.
will appreciate some reference pics for sharing with designer (who apparently is clueless)
Thanks!!!

Comments (28)

• PRO
    karen paul interiors
    9 years ago
    Could you post some pictures for us?
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    9 years ago
    Is your foyer 3' wide or 30' wide? How deep? Steps? As Karen says, please post pictures. We're even more clueless than your designer without them, as he/she probably saw what we need to see.
    Pretty please!
  • Related Discussions

Help with an open plan kitchen, dining and living area...

Q

Comments (19)
    Hi, Could you add a pic of the lounge area outside bedrooms? There seem to be too many palettes of colours within furniture from white tv cabinet to dark brown book shelf to light brown dining to black/blue/beige sitting pieces. Tie up sitting by adding few cushions in possibly black/white/blue combo. Extend sitting area of living through the entire span of AC wall. You need a larger rug for this space. Angle dining table between 30 to 45 degrees with long length between detached counter corner to bookshelf end towards lounge. This will add the flow to lounge. Add a table runner along the centre of the long length. You need larger artwork pics or a collection of art pieces on living room wall behind beige sofa. Lounge can have a console and wall with a composition of family picture frames to personalise space. Remove blue artwork in the last pic. Instead, you can add a composition of wall shelves with artefacts on them or wall hooks with hanging artefacts. Rugs, table lamps, floor lamps and few bold decorative pieces will add the required warmth. A round centre table in the living room can be good.
    ...See More

My living room needs help pls!

Q

Comments (4)
    Saerom86-You would be much better served by hiring a local interior design firm. Yours is a big job and based on single photo you posted you have a great property that deserves a one on one consult. You may very well find someone qualified to assist on Houzz. Good luck!
    ...See More

need help in dining area lighting

Q

Comments (1)
    I think a really nice arc lamp over your table would be stylish and easiest!
    ...See More

Need Help on My Master Bedroom Bathroom

Q

Comments (17)
    Hi guys i need help with bedroom desion i wana make 2 master bedroom in normal size the area is 9 meter to 3.38 meter if any one have a idea please let me know thank you
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    9 years ago
    What is the style you are looking for?
  • houssaon
    9 years ago
    Here is a modern take on a tropical theme:
    Captiva Entryway · More Info
  • TanCalGal
    9 years ago
    I would not go too weird in a foyer-entry. This vignette gives a touch of what you are interested in but with restraint
    Tropical Entry · More Info
  • designgirl178
    9 years ago
    How about a nice garden bench with a shelf over it for storage and a few hooks next to it for coats? If you need more storage you could get a bench with drawers underneath. Painting the walls a sage green or something earthy would help with your nature theme. Another idea would be to find a nice branch to hang on the wall for a coat rack and key keeper. Good luck.
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    HI
    The house is under renovation. Please see the attached pics of the entrance area that we need to get designed. I had asked my designer to recommend a design with big stone slabs as steps and small pebbles at sides and between the gap. Some light at the base

Please advise
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    OK
    I am attaching 3D that we have finalised for Kitchen & Bathroom. It has that earthy resort look.
    I need entrance design on this route.
    Thanks for help
    PS: Pls comment on Bathroom 3Ds
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Your kitchen and bathroom look fabulous! With such a sleek, contemporary design, I would expect your entry to have a similarly sleek appearance. I cannot tell from the photos the dimensions of the space and how far into the the apartment you want the foyer to run before getting to a living area. Please supply a sketch with measurements.
  • TanCalGal
    9 years ago
    I associate the large slab + pebbles with outside Japanese garden-style.
    Fulcrum Structural Engineering · More Info
    Grace Design Associates · More Info
    Pinewold · More Info

A free form flagstone would be easier to keep clean and safer to walk on for interior
    Silver Lake Retreat · More Info

The bathrooms and kitchen are beautiful except for the floors. Bathroom (top left) I'd prefer a darker floor tile, match to the darker back splash tiles
    LEED Led Summit Splendor · More Info

Bathroom top right a darker floor as well.

Kitchen back splash and floor matching
    Noe Valley · More Info
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    What flooring is going to be there? It should be the same as the rest of the living area.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    9 years ago
    The designer who worked on your bathroom and kitchen is one and the same designer you are working with in the foyer? Curious as to why you say she/he is clueless. Does there appear to be some resistance on the part of the designer to do a resort look in that area? The very materials you are suggesting would have a Zen feel and if you were to do something such as a Japanese garden style this would work exceptionally well with your very sleek modern look in the areas you have completed. BTW, I love the floors in those rooms. I think they are understated and very much a good choice.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    9 years ago
    I have this photo in one of my idea books. Perhaps it can lend some inspiration. Note the water feature and the minimalist approach and the addition of line and texture.
    The Aurea · More Info
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I'm not sure why people are showing exterior photos. Did I miss something? It was stated in the original question that this is an apartment and I thought the photos supplied showed it to be an interior apartment.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    9 years ago
    Well, maybe it's a two-story apartment. Ha! I totally missed that little detail. :)
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Hey, we're fitting in these answers between work we're being paid for. It's okay if we sometimes miss a point or two.
  • PRO
    Mint Design
    9 years ago
    here are some less formal succulent wall designs...be original and scatter them! :)
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi
    Few points:
    1. It's not an independent residential apartment. It is a flat in a 25storey block
    2. I have attached the floor plan for reference. The entrance is not too huge.
    3. It's good to know that you guys have liked the Bathroom & kitchen design. The tiling work is in progress and it has come out well. I will take few snaps and post
    4. When I say resort look - I understand and mean a simplistic natural looking design. More towards wood, nature, green, matt finish etc... Hope i am not confusing anyone here
    5. Do you think the bathroom & kitchen design gels with what I mean by resort look.
    6. The foyer area is a small (not too big) entrance. It's like a passage as you can see in the pics I posted earlier. When you enter you don't see the entire living room rather you see the wall (kitchen wall), where we intend to keep our dining table. Some thoughts on designing that wall is also requested

Thanks!
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Apparently, this site doesn't allow to upload PDF file. I have converted the PDF into an image file and reattaching the floor plan
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Layout
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Your kitchen and bath appear to be lovely high end contemporary designs, but I see nothing resort-like about them. In your entry, you could consider a water feature such as the one shown below. I would place this feature on the wall to left as you enter the apartment. On the right, after the window, I would place an entry console with large contemporary art above.
    Water Wall · More Info
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Carolyn
    Water wall is a great idea. The only difficulty i see it to bring a water connection to that point. Or how does it work.
    We were looking for some cabinet at the half base of the wall with shoe cabinet and a settee. I wanted to do something on the floor as mentioned previously.
    What would you put to make bathrooms more resort like. I thought the pattern tiles, the wooden vanity, big mirror, plants etc resembled what I have seen in some resorts
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Perhaps the water feature could be placed at the far end of the entrance where it would back up to the kitchen and a water source probably would be available.

I think your bathrooms have a very deluxe hotel look, like a Four Seasons Hotel. When you say "resort" look to American designers, I believe we think of tropical
    features or a mountain ski resort atmosphere. Once you've moved in and accessorized the rooms, you'll have a stunningly beautiful home.

Perhaps another designer will suggest something for shoe storage at the entry. I did find the photo below, but I suspect that someone will come up with other ideas.
    Entry · More Info
  • tarunlakhani
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi
    Pls see the 3D images shared by designer for the Foyer area and the living room. This look is too modern. The foyer area looks good but this is not what we are looking for. I wanted to have pebbles, stones etc in the foyer area.
    Kindly suggest
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Island Stone medan charcoal perfect pebble backsplash · More Info
    natural haven · More Info
    Here are a couple of photos of pebble tile, which comes in a variety of colors. It could be used on the wall behind the bench which your designer shows as an upholstered wall. Or it could be used as a border or center design in the foyer flooring, or even the entire foyer floor.
  • PRO
    KIM CHENG design and associates
    4 years ago

Your preference for stone is a good choice for resort living atmosphere. Do an Interior wall finish in stone or leave wall alone and do a stone type of flooring. Either one will work well. Keep it simple so won't look clustered with your design for furniture.

• PRO
    KIM CHENG design and associates
    4 years ago

Colours should be kept to simple plain light colours like beige and flooring should be light shade of warm brown. Good Luck and hope all goes well for you.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalize my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Approve’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.