schyun

Replacing an odd sizes vanity

schyun
9 years ago
Hi, the contractor installed this premise vanity basin cabinet and there's missing tiles from the side and gaps. The existing old vanity was custom and had backing and no gaps! What do I do? Should I just get a custom? Or how do I patch up the sides? The tiles are ten years old and hard to match. Do I also need a backsplash?

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Home By Design Ltd
    9 years ago
    Custom doesn't always mean expensive. We do made to measure units as standard product so they are not at a premium to the customer. That would be a lot cheaper than the other options you have!

Let me know if you need anything!

Jade

Showroom manager and designer x
  • schyun
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Any recommendations on what basin and vanity would match this space?
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    9 years ago
    What sizes ? And where are you based ? As Fix it Kitchens looks as though they can help !
  • minnie101
    9 years ago
    Another option is to retile the whole recess using the same size tile to make a feature of it. I suspect the custom made option would be cheaper though unless you can tile yourself. A floor standing unit would give you more space and it may look nice with a different colour door
  • PRO
    Freebird Interiors
    8 years ago

The wall gaps to the cupboard carcass could easily be filled with scribed strips - this would be standard for a new fitted unit anyway. Gaps to side of sink may be more of an issue as they could collect water, but I guess that's a standard size sink and you'd have a hard time finding one to fit perfectly, so again a scribing strip in a water resistant material could be the way to go.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.