creedgurl250

Expat needing help with rug selection!!

creedgurl250
9 years ago
Just recently moved to Singapore from Texas. We have a furnished apartment and so I need to work with what we've got.

I want to inject a calming, relaxed, cozy, collected and fresh look with some rugs in the living room and dining room. I love neutral with blues and greens, but I'm stuck with black couches in a modern apartment. Help please!

I can purchase online from Pottery Barn, Overstock or iRugs (Singapore brand) is love to add some color and accent with pillows and art to tie it all together.

I need suggestions for a rug for the living room 7.5 ft x 10 ft ( or 220 cm x 310 cm)

Dining room rug needs to work with a table that is 5ft by 3ft (or 150 cm x 90 cm)

Would love help selecting some lighting 220-240 voltage. 1) flush mount for entry and 2) dining room table lighting. The fluorescents have got to go!

Willing to spend 2k total on both rugs and under 700 for two lights.

Thank you , Courtney

Comments (5)

• TanCalGal
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

A small place will read better if done in sophisticated neutrals, I think.

No rug in DR. A neutral rug in LR. Pull slightly more vibrant neutral colors from the neutral LR rug as they have done here.

Tonto Verde Contemporary 1 · More Info

• groveraxle
    9 years ago

Can't help you source the 220 V lighting, but I'd go with coordinating fixtures to replace the fluorescents. With so much black and white, I'd go with earthy natural stuff, burlap maybe.

Capital Lighting 3923BB-479 3 Light Semi-Flush Fixture Loft Collection · More Info

Uttermost 21932 Alamo 3 Light Burlap Drum Pendant · More Info

• fissfiss
    9 years ago
    I recognize your floor lamp. Is there an IKEA in Singapore?
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago

Ivory 188cm x 365cm Ultra Vintage Rug | Persian Rugs | iRugs Singapore · More Info

Puce 203cm x 300cm Nepal Rug | Oriental Rugs | iRugs Singapore · More Info

• maryb56
    9 years ago
    Grover....see link.... http://houzz.com/discussions/3024845 thx!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.