eliotkoey

Music during work? What kind?

Eliot Koey
8 years ago

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone else here works with music in the background? I wonder if its a universal thing, or if it doesn't work for some people.

I am at a desk all day, and vary anything from jazz, rock, pop music, but have found classical waltzes to be good for work music.

What kind of work do you do, and does music help or hinder?

Comments (7)

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Definitely music so I don't have to listen to myself think! Anything except trance, heavy metal or punk, mostly easy listening and folky rock.

• User
    8 years ago

Guy Sebastian.

• PRO
    Innovative Landscapes
    8 years ago

I like using iheartradio

• User
    8 years ago

Spotify has some awesome playlists such as "acoustic chill"

But I use Apple Music or Pandora too... Citizen Cope, George Maple and John Mayer trio stations.

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Well fellow Houzzers I hate to admit it but I've been firmly planted on Houzz for a large part of the day under the watchful eye of Foxtel tunes "Blues & roots". Most of it was okay including some Bob Dylan and Van Morrison as stand outs.

My 25 year old son is home and said "How are your going with your project?"

I said okay/good/great etc...(secret women's business) but my neck is getting sore.

Then he said "you should listen to some music on your headphones" and he suggested tycho. Well after getting in the zone for the last hour...with this techno trance'ish background music (okay'ish music I guess, no singing just some dj spinning airy electronic sounds and stuff)...

An hour or so has gone by thanks to the never ending ability of Youtube to load the next album etc while I have been mindfully saving and reading lots of Houzz including raiding photos from Luke Buckle's idea books. (Thanks Luke!)

The outside world has been buzzing along without distracting me, I am lost in the world of Houzz & might be here for days unless I am rescued by someone offering food and water.

Now to get to the bottom of this rant, tycho & similar types of music is apparently what young people listen to when they are on their computers working on something important that we parents will never understand. (My son is working on an app apparently)

As they have headphones on we have to physically interrupt them for the likes of dinner, bin emptying, cleaning etc and this is why there is a generation gap caused by people like me not getting with the times.

All I want to do is go to a spa for neck therapy!

• User
    8 years ago

I will ask The Kid about it. She will roll her eyes.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.