kcjaros

Remodel

kcjaros
8 years ago

We are remodeling our master bath and bedroom in our 35 year old house and of course the domino effect has happened. We are trying to decide which of the following will get us the most "bang for our buck". Please advise on what the most and desirable thing would be, as we always try to keep in mind that we may sell one day in the near future.

1. Add wood floors in master and walk in closet (which would be a continuation of hardwood from hallway) or carpet bedroom?

2.Restain hardwood floors darker for our current wood floors ( golden oak now) . This would include upstairs hall, stairs, dining room and kitchen and family room. They are a golden oak now.

3. Add powder bath to downstairs and make the only bathroom downstairs an ensuite. By doing this , we would have a 5 bedroom 3 and 1/2 bath

4. Wainscot the downstairs entry and dining room

5. Add new front doors as ours are a bit warped.

6. Add new windows in front as most are single pane. We already added new windows in the rear of our house.

Thank you for your input.

KC

Comments (7)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.