How do I view and participate in discussions?
The 'Advice' part of Houzz provides a place in which homeowners and professionals can ask questions, discuss ideas, welcome feedback/input, and show off before and afters!
You'll find Advice through the tab in the top right corner of Houzz on your desktop computer, or in the 'Latest' section of our mobile apps.
Within Advice lives a few different sections:
- Design Dilemma - a place where you can post a question or dilemma
- Before & After - where you can show off a transformation!
- Polls - somewhere to ask a question that involves a choice, or multiple possible answers
- Using Houzz - questions relating to using the platform, guides, and FAQs
- Other - anything unrelated to homes, renovation or gardening
- Pro-to-Pro - only accessible to professionals, where you may discuss business, trends, and trade updates
To post your own discussion, click on 'Advice', and you will land on a screen that looks like this:
- Add a title: Something that isn't too long, but concisely describes what your post is about
- Describe your dilemma, issue or project: Providing as much detail as you can will ensure other users are well placed to provide accurate answers
- Add a photo: In addition to your description, providing visuals of the space or project will prompt people to be more responsive - everyone loves to look into other people's work-in-progress! You can either upload one of your own images, or add a photo from Houzz/your ideabook
- Pick the right category: Ensuring your discussion is sitting in the right category allows it to be found easier, meaning you're more likely to get responses.
Try it out, and share your post below so we can see!