jeanne10

Dimensions? loft?

Jeanne
8 years ago
Hi,

This is a really awesome little living space. It's a great use of space. I love the folding door and how it opens it up.

What are the dimensions of this building?

Also, is that area above the kitchen a sleeping space?

Thanks,
portobello · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    peter nickels architects
    8 years ago

Hi there,

The dimensions of the garden room (from beyond the end of the kitchen) are just 3m x 3.2m. So it is a pretty small space, but even when the doors are closed the room feels much bigger because of the glass on the two elevations to the garden. This was the big idea - to make it feel like the space was part of the garden itself. And when the doors are open, it actually is...

There is a small space above the high level kitchen units - this is just a shelf for storage of less frequently used kitchen equipment.

Hope this helps,

Peter

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Peter,

Wow! Thanks for such a quick response!
    And wow, again, it looks much larger than that!
    I really love your use of space, so beautiful and functional!
    How much of the length is kitchen? Is it half?
    Jeanne
  • PRO
    peter nickels architects
    8 years ago

Hi Jeanne,

The kitchen dimensions are 3m long x 2.5m wide. It is a galley kitchen with units along both walls. The circulation space between the counter tops is 1.3m wide.

portobello · More Info

Peter

• Jeanne
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Hi Peter,

Thank you! I so appreciate you response. I misunderstood.

Jeanne
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.