joadurkee

Flooring entry, family room and kitchen

joadurkee
8 years ago

We have a patchwork of flooring in our two story house., including lots of laminate. We are beginning a kitchen remodel and want to take the opportunity to make the entry, short hall to family room, family room, short hall to garage, guest bath and kitchen all the same flooring - and possibly even a split staircase that goes down to second floor with all the bedrooms. We live in the family room, including two lively dogs (one small and one medium.) The laminate has been damaged in spots and just looks dated to me. It has been suggested that we go with engineered hardwood, but my style is not one of being okay with the 'natural' look of chips, dents, etc. I also worry about water damage in kitchen. My husband worries about tile being too cold, but I am beginning to think it is the only reasonable solution. I have heard about increased use of vinyl that looks like tile or wood - but wonder if that looks too commercial and maybe not as good for resale. Would appreciate any ideas, experiences, etc.

Comments (4)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.