mingsze21

Soothing bedroom...color suggestions please

mingsze21
11 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My bedroom deserves a fresh coat of paint. I was thinking pale greenish blue/aqua/turquoise or pale mauve/purple/lavender, as feature wall color. I plan my feature wall to be the wall with my bed frame. Calm soothing color suggestions are welcomed...

Comments (10)

• decoenthusiaste
    11 years ago
    judyg is right - a cleanout is the first step to a dreamy room! Post new pics here by attaching with a comment.
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    You'd be surprised how hard it is to find bedding that you love. Pick the bedding first, then decide on the wall color. Repost with your new bedding and we'll have ball helping you make your bedroom perfect. :)
  • Susanna
    11 years ago
    I agree with the others here but also wonder why you have blocked a door with furniture. Is it a shared door to another room or a closet?
  • PRO
    MODE Painting
    11 years ago
    I think a very pale blue works for anyone Seeking serenity... For accenting try two shades up from your main wall Colour. Minimize the clutter as this can cause claustrophobia. Maybe consider painting the furniture, bed, trim, doors all the same white. Good luck with the project, however you decide!
  • rinked
    11 years ago
    Take out or clean up everything not used for sleeping.

If you want the belongings to stay in the bedroom, give it a nice sized cabinet, so it won't look like clutter. The red chair is pretty, but not suited for a peaceful bedroom. Like the bedding comment above, find some curtains with a thick fabric or a simple darkening rollerblind, then decide on your accent color. The whole room could use some paint, the pink you have now is not soothing to me (might be me).

If you don't have the space to move the things somewhere else, you could consider hanging a roller blind in front of the window and curtains further inwards, along the length of the room, so (for example) bookcases could stand next to the window (behind the curtain when you close them).

And just a question: where is the door (if you're not using the one on the picture)?
  • deidrer
    11 years ago
    We love Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Grey in our bedroom. Ignore the name though its blue not grey :)
  • Susanna
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I love the calm serenity of Sherwin Williams "rain", but I do agree with Darzy that it's a lot easier to start with bedding.
  • mingsze21
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank u all for sharing! Right now I am leaning towards choice of bedding and
    curtain color suggestion by Darzy and rinqreation; before deciding on color.
    The closed door with furniture is closed and unused.
    The 'hot' red chair was just reupholstered 2 yrs ago...
    I love the wall color suggestions ....
    Wud an accent wall make the room look even more
    Cluttered as it is?
  • K B
    11 years ago
    Just wondering what is the current wall color? Looks lavender. I'm not a fan of accent walls in a bedroom. To me a bedroom should be relaxing and varying wall colors seem stimulating by their very nature (think they're great in other rooms though). But if you want to do one, I would do as you suggested, the wall where your headboard is located. Figure out what you want to keep (sounds like the headboard and the red chair are definitely staying), then work around that. I think cool greys are very pretty and a wonderful neutral that work would work well with your headboard and chair. Then you could bring in the other colors you like through bedding and artwork. If storage is an issue, can you get some bins on wheels for beneath your bed? Also can you consolidate all those smaller tables and get one larger table/storage piece in its place? I would check out IKEA if it's in your budget. Also given the size of your bedroom, if possible I would go with simple curtains that are the same color as your walls. Good luck!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.