Any suggestions for living room makeover?

evan low
3 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi guys, I've been thinking of doing a small makeover for my living room in preparation for the upcoming CNY in jan. I'm not looking to do a massive make over, just a change of furniture, fresh paint of wall, etc. Any suggestions on what I can do for my living room? If any one has experience of going through a makeover for their homes on their own, could you please share?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    3 years ago

HI Evan,

I think you have answered your own question.

A quick makeover usually involves acquiring some new furniture, change of curtains, fresh lick of paint or simply some new scatter cushions and a plant.

It all depends on what you are looking for, how much you want to change and of course more importantly what your budget will allow.

You could stretch the budget a little by perhaps painting only one wall and why not do it yourself and make it a little project and save money as well. Money that perhaps could be used for something else.

Its not easy to give you an exact idea of a concept or budget unless we know what you want and would like from your space. Your existing pieces of furniture, curtains, art etc will play a huge part. That is if you decide to keep or change what you dont like?

Is there some piece of furniture or art that you feel you need or want or would like?

Browse through some magazines and scroll online for some great ideas. Gather some ideas and if you still are not certain then heed the help of a professional who might give you some ideas.

Whether its a small makeover or a full on renovation, remember that every item adds up to your budget. So make certain of what you would like before you start.

Hope that helps, if not give us a call and we would gladly come around for a cup of coffee.

More Discussions
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.