farahrri77

Feature wall

farahrri77
7 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I chose this colour for my feature wall from the paint catalogue. When painted it turned out darker (as much as I had expected). My plan now is to either paint it in ombre style (lighter shade starts from the top) or just leave as it is and get a huge & nice wall sticker. Any other suggestions?

Comments (19)

• michigammemom
    7 years ago
    You don't specify what this room is used for, but this hex wall application in white would add texture and pattern to your pretty blue wall.
    from Design Public · More Info
    Best Answer
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    7 years ago
    Or a huge photograph with brilliant red or black and white across the wall, This is a great base for any kind of gallery or one single tableau
  • Anum Ismail
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago
    silver decals? silver screened motifs?
    wave patterns?
  • PRO
    S&K Interiors LLC
    7 years ago
    I think the wall color is too strong of a contrast with the white walls. I suggest that you use a lighter color of blue or paint your white walls a color the will balance the accent wall.
  • leelee
    7 years ago
    I wouldn't have chosen the color but it looks fabulous. Quite unexpected and not the same gray that everyone is using now. What is this room? What's your style?
  • Carolina
    7 years ago
    It would be helpful to know what kind of room this is: living room, dining room, bedroom?

For wall decals you can check Etsy.
    Vinyl Tree Wall Decal by Wall Decal Depot · More Info

Tree Wall Decal Wall by NouWall · More Info
  • PRO
    Mahoney Architects
    7 years ago
    It completely depends on what else is in the room - furniture, carpet, other fixtures. The color is great and will tone down a bit as other items are added. Think about a 3rd color that either compliments or contrasts the wall. Above pics are all combinations of 3 colors - two primary with an accent.
  • farahrri77
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you all for the suggestions. This is my living room. The dimension is about 5.5 x 3.1 metre. I will only be having a 2 or 3 seater sofa against the wall. The TV will be on opposite side. Left side of the wall is the main window.
  • farahrri77
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you for all the inputs. I forgot to mention that this is my living room. I will probably get a 3 seater sofa to put against the wall. TV will be on the opposite side.
  • farahrri77
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you for all the inputs. I forgot to mention that this is my living room. I will probably get a 3 seater sofa to put against the wall. TV will be on the opposite side. My style is minimalist but I like some burst of colours.
  • PRO
    S&K Interiors LLC
    7 years ago
    Be sure to repeat the wall color in the room at least two more times. Maybe in a vase or pillow.
  • leelee
    7 years ago
    stencil for over sofa
  • Carolina
    7 years ago
    You could also just put a big canvas painting above the sofa. This colour will be such a good background for art.

http://www.greatbigcanvas.com/category/abstract/
  • PRO
    Alexei Rebrov Art
    7 years ago
    I think the color of the wall is quite nice. Speaking about accent on the wall I could recommend a large print on aluminum which does not require framing. You can explore more options in
    blue collection here http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/blue
    or in purple collection here http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/purple
    Purple works well with blue...
    Let me know if you interested in any of the prints. (there are framing options too)
    Abstract Prints on Aluminum · More Info

Abstract prints for living room · More Info
  • PRO
    Alexei Rebrov Art
    7 years ago
    Here are the pieces I mentioned
  • PRO
    Total Wallcovering
    7 years ago
    @ leelee I loved this poster
  • anne dee
    7 years ago
    Tribeca Penthouse Bedroom · More Info

a large piece of art that picks up a color from the wall or not.
    Vanessa De Vargas for Teen Project · More Info

other colors to incorporate into the space
  • leelee
    7 years ago
    The poster is from Vintage Posters under Food but how did it get over here?
  • Nancy Hehmann
    7 years ago
    Check out Etsy.com for any number of home decor items and you can easily contact the owners of the shops to ask questions. Just input what you need in the search engine. You can also have photography printed on canvas which would not require framing (if you like). I use photography labs that can do any size or media including metal, canvas or tradition prints - for large ones they should be mounted so they will stay flat.
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.