wanttoretire

height of MW over range

West_Coaster
7 years ago
I am just wrapping up a kitchen remodel and went a tad high on my OTR microwave. Wish I would have dropped it a couple inches lower....but too late now. Unless I want to take one course of tiles out of the backsplash, resize a couple cabinet doors, and have the MW installers back out. But seeing the height in this pic makes me feel better. How high over the range is it? thanks.
Oak Bay rancher · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Terri-Jo Geddes
    7 years ago

Hello, Thanks for asking. The bottom of the microwave was sitting at 24" off of the countertop. It was higher than recommended by the microwave manufacturer, however....what the client wants trumps all else!

• West_Coaster
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for your response. It's good to know others went high as well. Ours is 22" off. 24" is really up there, but I'm not surprised -- it looks about like that in the pic. Must be a tall client!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.