ah_jun1

Fuss, maint, housework free recommendation?

Ah Jun
7 years ago

hi, just rec key for my new bto. Space looks small even before move in.

Need advise on below.

1. Which part to custom storage while not making house looks smaller.

2. Cement floor? Or other fuss free, durable flooring recommended?

3. Induction cooker to leave at service yard area?

4. Open kitchen? Worried abt storage area been compromised.

5. Is there a need to hack half the wall (block by beam so can only hack half). Current design do not really allow bigger wardrobe to be placed as we are looking at king size bed.

Comments (2)

• Sion Ong
    7 years ago

Hi Ah Jun

congrats on having a new home!

My humble thoughts;

1) storage really is individual liking. I didn't do too much cabinets and wardrobes and I regret it. Space is important, but design can make space look bigger even with storage

2) flooring is important, have to see what kind of theme you want for the house. Recommend you see the designs you have in mind and mix and match

3) your induction cooker is built in? Will there be hood and hob? I don't recommend cooking in service yard cause of clothings and all though.

4) open kitchen can look spacious, but also can don't fully hack to have space for cabinets. Also if you cook do you do heavy cooking all the time? Cleaning is another thing to ponder.

5)are you looking at combining master and common 2? Can consider walkin wardrobe also.

if you keen we can have a better discussion on this. :)

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    7 years ago

Hi Ah Jun,

Congratulations on your new home. I am sure you have some wish lists and wants and requirements from your new home. We also assume that you have collected some ideas about a design theme of your space.
    Its best to speak to a reliable designer who will understand all your requirements and your budget and advice accordingly.

Let us know if you wanna pop over for a cuppa and discuss some ideas?

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.