c2singapore

Need Layout Ideas for HDB

Charlie Tay
3 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We've just gotten the keys to our HDB and are trying to get some layout ideas for the kitchen and living room before we approach any IDs. Ideally we'd like to have a kitchen island and open concept kitchen, a dining table (no idea where to put it other than next to the shelter), a L shaped sofa. Not sure if this would make the house look small/cluttered. I'd prefer a more airy/spacious feel. I'd like to get some opinions on what our initial layout idea and see if anyone has any suggestions? :) My Idea:

Original Floorplan:

Comments (8)

• Courtney Allan
    3 years ago

What is the red line in front of the L shaped sofa? Is that where the TV would go?

I think where you've got your island is ideal! I don't think your house will feel cluttered at all if you put the furniture where you want it to on the floor plan.

Charlie Tay thanked Courtney Allan
  • Charlie Tay
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Courtney,

That's actually a TV console, which hopefully is one that has ample storage and cable organisation. We have a quite a few gaming consoles and a soundbar along with the TV. :)

• Chiquit Brammall
    3 years ago

Hi Charlie,

Hope these two suggestions work. The first one is similar to your initial idea, I just changed the orientation of your sofa and TV console. I suggest a modular sofa where you could make it L-shaped or two separate love seats whenever you like.

Where you put your island looks like a good place; least amount of reno/hacking!

PS I used Sketch's sticker functions to put in the furniture.

• Sion Ong
    3 years ago

Hi Charlie,

for the tv console, can do something to incorporate all of them by coming up with a themed cabinet beside it for it with measurements for storage of games also.

and the island position is great but usually placing one side to the wall is the common practise here in SG.

• PRO
    Eliot Koey
    3 years ago

Hi Charlie, I'll be a contrarian to the rest and keep your solo kitchen island dreams alive, from this one in Tanjong Pagar. But you'll likely need to speak to a professional about it:

Project #7 · More Info

Here's what I'll do with the floor plan too, also done with Sketch:

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    3 years ago
    Here is a simple idea to have your wish list island and separate dining area and also create a little study corner . Hope u like it ?
    http://www.sugarbakers.asia
  • Candice Brown
    3 years ago
    I love Sugarbakers design option with regards to the study desk area.
  • Louis Tan
    2 years ago
    Charlie, I have the same layout as your. My TOP is 4th qtr 2017.

Where is your location?

Louis
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.