4evazx

Need help for guest/study room

4eva zx
2 years ago

I have a small room for study at my place and I am thinking of putting a desktop computer, having a place to work maybe and also during rare occasions have a place for guest to rest. Do you guys think it is possible or have any suggestions on how to do it?

What I have in mind is doing a platform area, with table against the window side of the wall. So we will have to sit on the platform while using computer/doing work.

On rare occasions where there will be guest, we will lay a fold-able mattress over it.

I did a draw out with 400mm table width and brown area would be where my single mattress will be placed, which have exact 900mm width.

Please advise! :)

Comments (2)

• Chiquit Brammall
    2 years ago

Hi 4eva zx,

If you're only occasionally using the guest/study room as a place for a guest to sleep, then you should prioritise being able to use it as your home office. That said, you'd be better off having a more comfortable and convenient desk, rather than one where you'd have to climb up and down a platform, and possibly roll off it if you're using an ergonomic chair. A short-term guest would be well-served by a single-sized sofa bed, which you can also enjoy as a reading lounge when there is no guest.

Sketches · More Info
    The broken lines indicate the sofa bed when unfolded – not ideal as it would block access to the wardrobe, but it shouldn't be an issue for occasional use. The best use of this room would be for you to enjoy it as much as possible. You could even install some overhead bookshelves in the corner above where you planned to put the desktop.

Alternatively, you might even want to try a convertible desk-bed such as this:

Slumberdesk Junior with Shelf Spaceman Singapore (close) · More Info

Slumberdesk Junior with Shelf Spaceman Singapore (open) · More Info

Hope this helps!

• 4eva zx
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Would definitely put your opinions into consideration!! Thank you!

More Discussions
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.