mshutterbug

Complete Home Remodel!

mshutterbug
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Well, after taking on a complete remodel, leaving no room or surface untouched, of what we thought would be our "forever home", we decided to move. The entire remodel took us FOUR long years. We did much of it ourselves. And by "we" I mean I told my husband what I wanted and he made it happen. He did a LOT of the work himself, including building the kitchen from scratch. Yeah, I'm just a bit proud of him ;) Of course, we did hire out where necessary, for things like plumbing, electrical, siding, etc. And for the master bathroom we actually hired a general contractor because by that point we'd decided we wanted to move, and we wanted it done quickly.

I have such mixed feelings leaving a home that we put so much heart and thought into, but I'm excited for our next adventure. (Next remodel is already in the planning stages lol!) I had a lot of input and ideas from houzzers (wish I could tag people so they'd be sure to see this), so I wanted to share the transformation. Our home sold very, very quickly, and today is literally moving day!

Front of the house (new siding, new windows, new driveway, new garage doors)

Kitchen

Dining room

Living room (built-ins and bench design by me, built by my talented husband)

Family room

Master bedroom

Bedroom for two of our kids (I actually made the valance...and I'm a newbie seamstress, so I'm pretty proud of it LOL)

Master bathroom Some more photos of parts I'm particularly happy with :)

Closet organizer my hubby built in the largest bedroom, which we turned into a play room.

Closet organizer in my girls' room

This turned out exactly as I'd envisioned, and I am so sad to leave it lol!

I wanted a chunky mantel, so we found this great old piece of wood in an overstock warehouse type place, and hubs stained it to match our dining room table.

One of many features hubby built into kitchen for me. I won't include photos of everything, but I've got a vertical pan storage, mixer lift, super susan, pull-out trash, dish organizers in drawers, and my farmhouse sink that I just love.

And our bedroom, which is so peaceful :)

Anyways, a great big thank you to everyone here who helped me (either directly or indirectly!)

Comments (16)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.