bentleybonnie

comparative costs

Hi, I was just wondering how much this renovation cost and whether you know the approx. square meterage of the downstairs area that was renovated. Does it work out cheaper to do a concrete slab or to have a timber floor approx 900mm off the ground as the base (I have a stormwater drain running under my house, so if I do renovations, I am going to have to ensure that I follow council guidelines re this - currently it is a concrete slab with 1960's chamferboard on top of it).
Sherwood Project · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Adam Cox
    6 years ago

Hi,

A concrete slab is definitely the cheaper option even with any possible complications throw in by the council. As for the costings on this job, there were extensive renovations upstairs and a build in downstairs, including raise the house etc at a cost of $480K. This was done some years ago though. Downstairs 92 square metres.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions :)

• Creativelychallenged
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks Fernbrooke Homes!!!!!! That gives me a good guide to work with - particularly the quoted square metres which is similar to what I would be doing.

• Creativelychallenged
    Original Author
    6 years ago

and the relative cost of timber floor versus concrete on the lower level....!!

• PRO
    Adam Cox
    6 years ago

Happy to help :)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.