lim_judy

Kitchen gradient floor

Lim Judy
6 years ago

Hi,

I would like to check about this. My kitchen has a gradient floor which I believe every house should have to facilitate water flow in the kitchen. Recently, I had my kitchen cabinets installed and I was shocked to discover that the height of my base cabinets vary from one end to the other end. Mine has a L-shape cabinets (both top & bottom). The depth of the top cabinet also vary from 12 inches to 13.5 inches. To my horror, I discovered there is a gap between my floor and cabinets and I saw planks and small blocks of raw wood under my cabinets. My relatives and colleagues told me this is wrong, water and food may go in between the gap and will pose problems such as mosquito breeding, pests and even termite if there are raw wood pieces underneath the cabinets. I am very stressed by this.

Can any carpentry expert advise me on this?

Comments (2)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.