bob_chavez

Renovation or Rewiring?

Bob Chavez
6 years ago
Any advice on whether should i do rewiring first or renovation? Because im planning to hack some walls in the house.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    6 years ago

Hi Bob Chavez,

when one does any alteration and addition (AnA) or renovation, certain existing elements in the property are professionally checked to bring them to a safe and legal compliance standard.

Often the rewiring of the property is part of the renovation process so as not to incur any extra cost doing this separately at different intervals. Of course, the actual rewiring or possible re routing of electrical points is done by a qualified electrician and all other work would be carried out by your appointed contractor.

Rewiring often forms part of the first phase of any renovation work. This is done so that your contractor is able to plaster over all points that have been moved or changed.

You contractor would advice you to hack your walls first and then engage an electrician and complete his rewiring and thereafter contractor continues with his part of the work.

Usually the contractor handles and communicates with his electrician and plumber.

I am assuming you asked the question as you have engage an independent electrician to do the rewiring.

My advice to you is to engage one reputable contractor who will handle everything as often the overlap of work becomes an issue as the project progresses.

Hope my response helps you in making your decision. All the best.

• Bob Chavez
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you for the response, ya i agree to what you'd said. I'll take your advice on that.
  • PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Bob Chavez, good luck. Let us know if we can help you any further? Regards

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.