james_smith9413

Thought I was ready to get quotes....

James Smith
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hey Guys

It's been a turbulent few months and having finally received planning permission, building control approval and finalised a kitchen design I THOUGHT I was ready to approach a few builders to quote me on my single story extension project. However I was just browsing online and came across an article that said I now need to prepare all of the following documentation before a builder will be able to give me a firm quote, some of which I really wasn't expecting! Most of it is logical, but I haven't a clue how to actually produce it...

• Building Control suitable drawings (got these)
  • Specification (got this from the architect)
  • Programme of works (don't have this?)
  • Cost framework (don't have and wouldn't know how to get one?)
  • Any site or time-specific issues (working hour restrictions, for example); don't have but no real restrictions other than common-sense stuff!
  • Agreed process for payment and valuation of works completed; don't have and wouldn't know how to produce this?
  • Planning permission compliance locked into the works (don't know what's needed?)
  • Any other legislative requirements
    locked in to the proposed contract; (don't know what's needed?)

Have I overlooked a stage of paying someone more fees to do this for me?! And do I need to get all this done before I invite some builders round to take a look?

Thanks so much.

Comment (1)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.