framerunner

Plywood ceiling transitions

framerunner
6 years ago
How did you achieved the subtle ceiling panel edge transition? - I would like to use plywood as a ceiling material in a modernist house renovation. Most examples that I have seen have used an expressed edge transition between panels in a dark contrasting tone, which has the effect of emphasizing the grid. The transitions between panels in your ceiling are much more subtle and, to my eye, sophisticated. Could you describe the technique used. Edge banding? Or some other method? Many thanks. Great style.
251 Residence · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Push
    6 years ago

Hi Framerunner, thanks for your inquiry. We were able to achieve such a subtle transition as we backed all joints with ply. Each panel was offset and staggered with a 10mm shadow line.

• framerunner
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you so much. You have saved me from a tedious process of trial and error.

One follow up, if I may - did you treat the edges of the plywood panels with paint, stain, or edge banding to disguise the layered plys? Thank you, again.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.