alvin_cheong82

Looking for Suggestions for New Kitchen Design

New Bee
6 years ago

Hi,

I need to build an island over an Inspection Chamber to hide it away and yet it must be movable to enable access in future, though it will be rarely if at all. There will be no sink, hob nor electrical outlets on it, just chests of drawers.

I will have a grey quartz counter top but was advised against using the same material for the island top for it will be way too heavy to enable the island to be shifted.

As such, I am forced to look to alternative and lighter material such as solid surface for the island top.

Will it look strange to have different materials and appearance between the counter top and island top? Any suggestion for the island material and colour will be deeply appreciated.

Also, the polished beige marble-like homogeneous tiles I have picked will be extended from the living room to the open concept kitchen. To mitigate the risk of slipping in front of the kitchen sink and hob, I am planning to have that local section of flooring changed to matt finish but I am unable to find tiles with matching marble appearance. I would like to hear any ideas to fix this challenge, with appreciations.

If you can also suggest cabinet colour scheme, that will be great too!

Comments (3)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.