burnsbrian606

What to do with an awkward fireplace in the bedroom

Brian Burns
6 years ago
We demoed all wall that covered a fireplace in our bedroom. now we just have a strangely shared brick fireplace in our room. need advice on how we could make it look the best we can.

Comments (4)

• Kim
    6 years ago

I would get in-home estimates from professionals in a situation like this. Do you have pictures from before the demo? It seems like you might need to add some modern elements to make it look right. Pretend your brick is above the mantel in the photos, but you could could cover the area below the mantel with stone, wood or tile and use moulding to cover the gaps at the ceiling.

• PRO
    HX Home Solutions and North Star Stone
    6 years ago

You could build it out to a more rectangular shape (like a more traditional fireplace) and then add stone veneer over the brick to even it out. It could be beautiful!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

What do you mean by shared ?

• Kim
    6 years ago

Patricia, he meant "shaped."

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.