burntwaffles

Help with a 5R HDB Layout

Emi G
26 June 2018

Hi all!

Looking for some ideas and recommendations here for my upcoming 5R resale layout.

The floor plan attached is the current layout of the flat. What we plan to do first is to have the store room relocated to BR2 (access door from living room) and also to hack down the partition to the study.

One of our requirements is to have a work space (for two) that is located in the living area and not confined in a room, and also to have a nice entryway. We are also open to hack down/erect walls!

Hoping to gather more potential ideas as we are suffering from a major brain block and our renovation works might be starting soon! :)

Thank you so much in advance.

Comments (15)

• PRO
    The Orange Cube

What type of work-space are you looking looking forward for two person? What is your intention for Room 3? Your storage involve carpentry work for cabinets or BYO shelvings? What is the theme of your renovations?

• HotelAC
    Hi Emi, ok I had a go on this while watching tv did a quick sketch on ipad. just some ideas you can consider. the work area is at near entry but can be closed off with bifold glass door. Hope this helps. Enjoy decorating !
  • Miaw Goh
    Hi,
    Need some help to make this 5rm resale flat works too...
    We need 3 rooms and a store. A small Wet kitchen for heavy Asian cooking (close off) and a dry open kitchen.
    Thanks for the help! greatly appreciated.
  • Christine Chen

Hi! Can anybody advise whether in an HDB home, can the open kitchen concept be situated in the dining room with electric stove (not gas nor fire stove for safety reasons)? Thanks, Christine

• PRO
    The Orange Cube
    By right cannot. Cooking supposed to be kept inside original kitchen area.

However if its electric, and no naked flame and no gas pipe running there, means that it can be removed easily if needed, HDB may close one eye .
    By right, not suppose to. So long no ones complain
  • Christine Chen

Thank you so much for responding to my query.

• PRO
    The Orange Cube
    My pleasure Christine. I have help many home owners with their doubts. All best to your revamp =)
  • HotelAC
    Hi Miaw, here’s a solution you can consider. I diverted the entry to get more living area space. your show kitchen will sit nicely in the middle, wet kitchn connected behind with adjacent store..ok enjoy your new house !
  • Miaw Goh
    Thx Arielc for the idea! And thanks to your kids contribution too
  • Miaw Goh
    This is my plan as we like a open spacious house but feel something missing, hope you guys can give some ideas, thanks !
  • Emi G
    Thanks @Arielc so much for the floor plan inspiration! :))
  • HotelAC
    Hi Miaw, ok your plan looking good. some comments. 1. would you consider a smaller foyer. some suspense at entry before the wow moment 2. island can be bigger where you can put your sink and some stools. 3. I think some walls not necessary to make it feel more space 4. that store room blocking the window, would you like to open this to bring more natural light, fresher by cross ventilation air moving from one window and out to other. 5. the common bathroom is outside at wet kitchen really? Anyway I think that open kitchen would be fabulous with some rich stone finish !
  • Miaw Goh
    Thanks again Arielc for your fast reply and comments, really appreciate your thoughts!
  • HU-432036467

Hello thats my idea

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.