whobigdaddy1234

how to optimize small 3 bedroom layout

whobigdaddy 1234
5 years ago

Hi Houzz experts

Our family will be starting our renovation journey soon... haven't select a ID yet though.

i like to seek experts' advice or experience how to best optimze our new place... as I feel that it is pretty small....

Some background :

1) 86 sqm2

2) couple with 2 kids (3years(girl), 9years(boy)

3) preferred theme : Eclectic.

4) flooring is marble.

I feel that the living room space looks small and we do entertain guest(8-10 people max) sometimes. If possible we wanted to put in an extendable dining table(4->8) that can seat 8 person too.

We are thinking to remove the walls in Bedroom 3 to combine it into the living room space.

I also have some Toys collection (30ish 12inch figures) that i like to display in bedroom 3 if it is open. Need a big display cabinet for that.

Bedroom 2 will be the room for 2 kids. Looks like i have to buy a double-deck bed as it looks pretty small too ....

Questions :

a) How to achieve the best use of bedroom 3 +living room for few purpose, i) display for toys, ii) maximise entertainment space, iii) closed up when need be as guest room or when the boy is older have his own room probably in 3-4years time iv) play area for kids on normal days..

b) Living area will have to fit tv, sofa, side table as well but where/which direction to place it given that now bedroom3 is open up?

c) There is no storage room, we are still trying to figure out where to build storage cabinet to keep the stuff (eg. kids toy, books, groceries, bulky stuff or lugguage etc). I am afraid building too much storage cabinet might make the whole place looks even smaller. Thoughts?

d) The ceiling height is 2.8m, will building a small loft be feasible?

e) I like to have a small work area too, just a desk for laptop will do... haven't thought of where i can create it too....not the highest priority

f) Any other way to maximize space is welcome, we are open to hack any wall too.

Any advice is highly appreciated. :)

Comments (5)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.