cj62

Advice on layout design for living/dining

JC
last year

Hi, i would like to seek some inputs into my wishlist for this place. Without having to hack the walls, my intentions for the living/dining place besides the TV and sofa, are to include: a small working space for home office, a dining space that can fit 6 persons, a shoe rack near to door entrance and an upgright digital piano. How can i make the plan for such a re-arrangement ? Hope to have some advice. Thank you.

Comments (6)

• HotelAC
    last year
    The Dining Area more or less is fixed at this because of the irregular walls. I did a quick sketch on how to dress up that wall (other than shelf because at Living you’ll have enough) - we’ll have a built in cupboard below for storage, backwall with mirror, some loose artwork, and timber portal to frame the whole setting
    JC thanked HotelAC
    Best Answer
  • HotelAC
    last year
    First thing is to locate your work desk and an acceptable arrangement is behind a sofa. it created a nice corner by the window with some space for the piano. living seating need to be more compact to allow for the passageway. right wall can have a new bookshelf or just add a big painting,. Suggest a round dining table to fit the new shoe cabinet at entry. ...hope this helps
    JC thanked HotelAC
  • JC
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks for making the time to follow up with my question. I suppose i could have an alternative scheme where the TV is at the bookshelf wall and on the opposite wall to fit a right angle 3+2 seater sofa facing the TV instead. Can i fit in a 1.2m round dining table in that dining space ? There will be custom made fittings e.g. shoe cabinet, tv console, work desk, book/display shelf. May i also check with you on your fees if i do intend to have a fuller drawing plan of the layout and the fittings ? Thank you.

• HotelAC
    last year
    Yes L-sofa on the left side is possible, TV on the right wall but are you ok people passing this way while you are watching TV? As for the Dining 1.2m round table should fit fine. email me a.casia@hotmail.com. Thanks
  • HotelAC
    last year
    Ok here are other options. Yes this idea is more spacious with TV on the right. As for the desk, B is well in order. A has too many disconnected items. These plan will be more refined after an ocular....
    JC thanked HotelAC
  • JC
    Original Author
    last year

Much appreciation for the options here. Thanks.

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.