pesvien

What's the advantage of cementing as flooring and how to ensure its no

pesvien
6 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Am thinking to create an industrial chic look to my living room. How can I ensure my contractor make it sheen like these pictures ? My contractor says its more expensive to use cement and adding a epoxy layer to make it shine will be more costly. Am curious how long this shine will last and will it be worth the price? For something short term.

Comments (3)

• Spencer Betz
    6 years ago
    I have stained concrete floors and not only do I love them... but 95% of everyone that walks in the door goes goo goo over them... Well, there was that one guest that waited a half hour before asking "So, when you do you think you'll be able to afford carpet?" .... So, this isn't a great pic, but you can see that we mixed black in and that there's a greenish border... Looking back, I would have done a different color had I given it more thought because it's a lot of work to change stained concrete... but painted concrete can be painted over and over... By the way...The lower level of my house is 1500 sq ft and I vacuum those concrete floors, all of them, in less than 15 minutes... I was 2 x's a year and including stripping the old wax, it only takes me about three hours! This shine when it's done is SO worth the 3 hours ...
  • smileyface2013
    6 years ago
    I was in the tile store a few weeks ago, and I was so surprised to find that there is now porcelain tile that looks like cement! It looks like the real thing, and is a great option if the real stuff is too expensive or otherwise not do-able.
  • PRO
    Metallic Epoxy Singapore
    11 months ago

Perhaps having a full epoxy floor would give you the same kind of results you would love. Apart from just an epoxy layer, normally there are top coat finishing choices available for an epoxy coating. You can read more at https://www.metallicepoxy.sg/metallic-epoxy-vs-conventional-materials/

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.