webuser_549224045

Waxing epoxy floor?

julie diane
last year

Hello there to all you pros,

I have a client who has had their floors "epoxied" with color in them. This was done approx 3 - 5 years ago. It now has no shine to it except where there is no foot traffic.

Has anyone ever waxed an epoxy floor? I've laid down some wax last week to test it out. Are the rules the same for waxing epoxy? I can see where I did not lay it down evenly (like it really shows - just for the record I've been doing this on VCT for 15+ years and have even waxed a wood floor with great results) and am worried about doing the whole place (7500+ square feet) and getting questionable results. I put down 4 coats of wax. I'm trying to sum up the uneven finish as my fault because I used too much wax per coat (I taped off the areas I was testing) but I've never seen this before. Help? Advice on how to do this properly would be appreciated. Really thin coats? A lot less wax because it is not a porous floor?

Thank you all in advance.

Comment (1)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.