frany725

Small Bathroom--Tile Choice and Layout

frany725
10 years ago
Updating small bathroom and am unsure what floor tile will be best. Currently looking at longer, rectangular tile. Would wider rectangular tile be better for the floors or the more narrow 4 inch tile be better? Is it too much to use the same tile for the wall tile plus accent tile? Not sure what will make the room look bigger and be asthetically pleasing. Would a contrasting floor be better? Decisions!

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Alana A. Busse
    10 years ago
    I like the floor, how about running it in staggered rows 1/3 off set & alternating between the to sizes. This would be a very cool mod. look!
  • heather_11
    10 years ago
    I love your floor tile. I would use white gloss tiles for the walls. Your accent tile would be beautiful with white.
  • heather_11
    10 years ago
    And timber for your vanity. Classy
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Here are a few pictures to help you decide. I like the larger tile for the floor layed offset. Then, the shower tile a tad smaller, layed horizontally. Or the floor offset, and the tub surround straight tile.
    Woodvalley House - Bathroom · More Info

Bathroom - Bastasch Residence · More Info

Alamo Square Guest Bathroom · More Info
  • PRO
    ACR Interiors
    10 years ago
    I would use the larger tile, offset, on the floor similar to
    German Village, Ohio Basement Remodel · More Info
    unless you are planning on removing the tub and doing something similar to this
    Contemporary Open Sink, Opalescent Tile · More Info

and then use that gorgeous accent tile only in the tub area. http://media.hgtv.ca/daylife/02JK1Sxh055eR_940x640.jpg
  • Sharon Cameron
    10 years ago
    The wider tile, offset/staggered lay. It will look fab!
  • PRO
    Rose Aten Design LLC
    10 years ago
    Tile installed diagonally would make the small floor space appear larger.
  • angelinax68
    10 years ago
    can you tell me the tile you used....love it...for the floor and wall
  • houssaon
    10 years ago
    I like the wider tile.
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    10 years ago
    Just noticed this is an old post.
  • kovar
    10 years ago
    You picked out some great pieces. Wider rectangle one is my vote. What if you went with a solid shower curtain. Good Luck
  • PRO
    Ideal Design Elements LLC (iDe)
    10 years ago
    Love what you have picked. Great choices.
  • kah416
    10 years ago
    Great picks! I love the floor tile and the accent tile!
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.