venkavimar

Brown and green concept for living room

venkavimar
6 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi there, I love the Mocha Olk laminate that I am going to use. But I feel that the green that my designer is asking me to use is a bit dull and dreary. Does anyone else have an idea of what green would be nice with Mocha Olk and Glossy Black laminate. Another thing to note is that my flooring is sandy colored Italian ceramic. Any help would be much appreciated. Best Regards, Venka Vimar

Comments (27)

• PRO
    Kelli Richards Designs
    6 years ago
    this is Electric Slide
    venkavimar thanked Kelli Richards Designs
    Top Answer
  • indianpatti
    6 years ago
    SW Gecko .. a bit bolder & pairs nicely with dark brown
  • PRO
    Kelli Richards Designs
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Your right, I feel like that colour of green is a bit dated and dull. I prefer something with a bit more yellow in it like this Chamomile from Benjamin Moore. It has more warmth and life to it. or the electric slide.
  • PRO
    Vogel-Murrell Development LLC
    6 years ago
    Sherwin Williams SW6414 Rice Paddy (Matte Finish is my preference) looks fantastic with brown, very relaxing color. The top of the card color Restoration Ivory is a great neutral for trim, it's not a white or a cream like it sounds.

I am posting pictures of my kitchen with Rice Paddy and the hall has Restoration Ivory, but you can look up the color under photos and find quite a few examples of it.

Paints Stains And Glazes by Columbus Paint & Wall Coverings Sherwin-Williams
    venkavimar thanked Vogel-Murrell Development LLC
  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago
    Rice Paddy SW6414 The computer screen doesn't do it justice, its much more vibrant.
    venkavimar thanked Vogel-Murrell Development LLC
  • PRO
    Kelli Richards Designs
    6 years ago
    M & W Renovations LLC, I agree, the colour looks much better in the pics you posted. This is something I would consider as well as it also has more yellow in it :)
    venkavimar thanked Kelli Richards Designs
  • PRO
    6 years ago
    I love your floors! I just realized that this is your dining room as well, is the kitchen in the back? Is that the only window?
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Hi M & W,

I am sorry I took so long to reply as have been down with flu, sorethroat, the works..have recovered slightly and back today..Yep I love my floors to..Italian Ceremic and it is quite difficult to get therse in Singapore anymore..so I hope it works for..

Yes our dining area is located in my Living room and that is the only winndow in the Living area. My apartment is kinda small at 85 Sq m but I guess I am just happy to have a roof over my head. :)

It is a 3 bedroom apartment and for the bedrooms my flooring is Burmese Parquet..

I love your colors...Thank you so much..I am gona aim for it.
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Also My window having a partial view of a reservoir which is quite rare in Singapore.. I will post those picture soon of my house (Pre-reno pics)
  • Sharon Cameron
    6 years ago
    I don't have a colour suggestion for you, but I agree that it is a bit dreary. You can do better.
  • Wendy B
    6 years ago
    I think a royal shade of blue would be the best way to go in this room. It pairs beautifully with gray, white and silver.
  • mommickey
    6 years ago
    “Paint color- Split pea Ben Moore”
    Lissee Interiors · More Info
    This color would look great!
    venkavimar thanked mommickey
  • PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    6 years ago
    I like the lighter sage green color. I think what makes it dreary is the color of the tv wall (or is that a fireplace? doubt you have those in Singapore - it's the wall in the right hand side of the second photo). I would change that to a burnt orange or a matching blue.
  • decoenthusiaste
    6 years ago
    I love it! Very calming - just what you'd want at the end of the day! I see three issues - drapes, the end of the FP wall and no pattern. Your blue accessory/accent color needs to be sprinkled around the space a bit. I'd paint that strip of wall a soft periwinkle or deeper blue, picking up on your collection of pottery, but keep to the same soft hue of the green paint. I'd replace the dark, dreary drapes with a large scale blue and white print fabric. Be sure to insulate it or do blackout so there is no glare for the TV. I assume some of the horizontal shelves are speakers, but the ones over the sofa area I'd remove and replace with a large painting. I'd also take the chair to the window and angle it toward TV so something breaks the rigid linear trend, as do the dining chairs and the texture of the chandelier. Add a round drinks table with the chair. Then put an arc floor lamp by the sofa where the chair was to arch over the coffee table. Here's one shown against a soft periwinkle gray/blue wall.
    Fabrics · More Info

Clyde Bar/Counter Table-Silver/Chrome · More Info

Master Bedroom · More Info
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Hi Vogel-Murrell Development LLC,

We have chosen the color Rice Paddy SW6414 and we absolutley love it. Our contractor took a very long time to sort out the reno and we are finally done. I will upload pictures tonight. Thanks to everyone who helped with their advice.
  • decoenthusiaste
    6 years ago
    Anxious to see!
    venkavimar thanked decoenthusiaste
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Hi EveryOne,

These are my hall pics. I forgot to take a picture from the main door..will update next time.
    Not a good photographer so do excuse me if the photo qualities are bad
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last picture of my hall
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Pictures of my kitchen
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Pathway leading to the rooms. Took it from Master bedroom and from Hall
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    These are pictures of my Master Bedroom
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    another phot of my bedroom
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    These are the photos for the kids room
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Just a shot of our parquet used for all the rooms
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    These are pictures of my study room
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Forgot pics, here they are
  • venkavimar
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Now onto buying furniture. Am going to buy the following,
    1. Living Room
    a. Sofa (to seat 4)
    b. Dining table
    2. Chairs for the Study Area
    3. Beds and cupboards for the kids room

Any color recommendations for Living room sofa and dining table would be much appreciated :)
    Regards,
    Venka Vimar
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.