rubypumps

LED down lights for this room, measuerments of this is 6820 * 5500

rubypumps
10 years ago
How many of the LED downlights are needed to lit this room up, or rather how many lumens is sufficient? I'll have a main light in the middle though, again, what is the lumen required for the main centre light (i'm thinking chandelier actually).

Comments (2)

• Fred S
    10 years ago
    It depends on what you are after. A standard 60 watt bulb is about 850 lumens. Two - three bulb center fixtures (5100 lumens) would light it up enough for a bedroom with no task lighting.12000- 14000 lumens total would light it up enough for most rooms except a kitchen.
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    10 years ago
    When planning lighting, think first about how the room will be used. Are you writing exams or mopping floors? Bright light works. Are you highlighting art work? consider the distance from the light source to the artwork to select a light level and beam focus that gives the gallery effect (which is carefully configured to avoid light damage). Focus on the effect of light ahead of the fixture, and consider that table lamps can offer both accent and task lighting. Consider cool versus warm light, and the opportunity to use both to highlight different features. Uplights and downlights can add drama. As Fred notes, it all depends on what you want and need in a given space.
    rubypumps thanked John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.