jcah

How to build a remodel a house of 2,100 sq ft.

jcah
10 years ago
Want a dinning area and living area, 5 bedrooms and kit house is 27 feet wide and 77 feet long. Current house is 58 years old, hence need remodeling to suit family of 3 couples and their children.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    ReSquare Architecture + Construction
    10 years ago
    I'd recommend hiring a local qualified professional like an Architect, especially for solving all the issues involved with three couples and children in such tight quarters.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    I'd advise hiring an architect who specializes in remodeling and multi-family homes.
  • PRO
    Kevin Patrick O'Brien Architect, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Take a look at the houzz design professionals located in your metro zone. Interview and talk to referrals based on local remodels and new construction in your immediate neighborhood. Hire the team that is the most comfortable "fit" with your projects "Mission Statement" goals. Enjoy...
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    At least have an 'as-built' drawing done so you can see the potentials.
  • PRO
    Kevin Patrick O'Brien Architect, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Good point @dytecture! We always start our remodel projects with a set of "as-built" plans produced by a structural engineer in close proximity to the project address. This is important because the engineer will be looking at the existing "structural" issues that may limit or at least direct the team toward the most cost effective solutions. Also, once the design is finalized we use the same engineer to produce the "structural" drawings necessary for building permits and construction.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.