—  Houzz
Related Photo Topics
This photo has no questions

What Houzz contributors are saying:

Chiquit Brammall added this to How to Plan for Your Lighting Needs17 August 2017

LIghtcraft also recommends one 20W halogen bulb every two metres or one 35W halogen lamp every three metres in a common corridor.Generally, you need about 150 to 200 lux (the measure of intensity of the bulb) to light a home. Over the dining table, you would like to have at least 250 to 400 lux.If you prefer CFL (compact fluorescent) downlights, two 13W or one 26W bulbs can replace a 50W halogen downlight. The beam throw of CFLs is wider, however, so the distance between bulbs can be increased by 1.5 times. For homes, two 13W or one 18W CFL downlight is generally adequate.With those numeric guidelines in mind, here are other factors to consider when planning your lighting:1. What activities take place in this space? If you know that your dining room is also going to be used for homework or tuition, then one central pendant light may not be sufficient. You may want to supplement it with a lightweight task light that you can easily move to a corner after the kids are done with their assignments.

Photos in #35

Dining Rooms with Similar Colours
Cottage on the Lake
Madison Avenue, Manhattan Apartment - Disciplined Geometry
Soft Industrial
The EDDIE House
House in Valencia City center
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.