29 Posts
learn2turn started a discussion
Magnolia little girl e.g., Judy light requirements - I have an invasive burning bush / winged eonymous left over from the prior owner. I want to tear it out and replace it with something attra... Read More
    1 Comment
learn2turn started a discussion
Native substitute for Foxglove ( Digitalis purpurea ) - I have an area of my garden where Foxglove got planted several years ago. Each plant lives two or three years, flowers nicely and then gets ... Read More
    7 Comments
learn2turn started a discussion
Calla palustris (Water Arum) - Anyone grow Calla palustris and/or know a source for it? I'm looking for native plants to grow in a wet area. I can find Calla palustris de... Read More
    1 Comment
learn2turn started a discussion
Planting broad-leaf Marginals in situ in Zone 6 - I have an area on my property that is naturally wetland. It may be up to 8" of water in a really rainy spring but is usually wet mud to... Read More
    Comment
learn2turn started a discussion
Stakes/posts for bird houses - I might put up some birdhouses next fall. I have a wet meadow behind my house near some woods. I figured I'd put them on stakes like bluebir... Read More
    1 Comment
learn2turn started a discussion
Legal to plant natives? - I ran into this document on Purple Milkweed (Asclepias purpurascens) in Massachusetts-- http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/nhesp/species_info/n... Read More
    9 Comments
learn2turn started a discussion
HAVE: Lobelia Cardinalis (Cardinal Flower) - I have Lobelia Cardinalis (Cardinal Flower) I can hardvest seed from. The seed is tiny and a little packet would be hundreds of seeds, plent... Read More
    1 Comment
learn2turn started a discussion
Indentify wetland scrub tree red berries Massachusets (MA) - There are some small scrub trees maybe 8-10' tall on the edge of wetlands on the back of my property. They have these pretty red berries in ... Read More
    2 Comments
learn2turn started a discussion
Suggest plants for wet area, 3/4 sun, fllooded part time - I have wetlands behind my house that normal would flood several weeks to a month or two a year, but only a few inches deep. It was treed unt... Read More
    5 Comments
learn2turn started a discussion
Native plants for wet 3/4 sun flooded part time - I have wetlands behind my house that normal would flood several weeks to a month or two a year, but only a few inches deep. It was treed unt... Read More
    5 Comments
Show More Events...