14 Posts
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Before I sew my curtains - what to do about the gap at the top!! - I've purchased spring curtain rods and the hooks that hang off round metal loops for honeycomb pattern curtains to hang in my knotty pine ro... Read More
    21 Comments
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Care and cleaning for interior faux stone - We are considering installing faux stone around our fireplace. I am concerned that it will attract dust (with all the little ledges) and wo... Read More
    1 Comment
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Furniture arrangement - fireplace and television on opposite sides - My spouse wants the flat screen tv on one side of our living room and the fireplace on the other side. We've got a Scandinavian couch and t... Read More
    25 Comments
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
PAINT ARTICLE - White and off-white colours that go with wood trim As you can see, whites and off-whites work so well with wood trim. White is my favourite ... Read More
    Comment
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Impractical - Dishes over the cook top. Do the residents cook?
    Comment
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Fireplace replacement - Our 1985 home had a rotting chimney for a formerly-wood burning fireplace. The chimney had to go (and it is as I write this request for help... Read More
    9 Comments
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
I want to black out (my bedroom windows) - From what I've seen in a quick search, roller shades that mount inside windows don't completely block light because the hardware extends sli... Read More
    5 Comments
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Help - I bought a BIG mirror - I ordered a big mirror for the wall in our breakfast nook. It measured 60-in x 36-in and has a polished edge but no frame. It weighs 48 lb... Read More
    7 Comments
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Gold or white?? - I'm getting mirror glass for this frame. My question is - keep the frame gold or paint it white?
    5 Comments
Sally Benjamin started a discussion
Acrylic latex over oil paint - I've been warned by my painters that using latex/acrylic paint over oil-based wall paint is a bad idea. BUT online I see again and again th... Read More
    4 Comments
Show More Events...