nanami_t

Something about the roots of FLF

Nanami T
6 years ago
Hello all. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my FLF but the roots are running amok!

I bought the FLF in Feb from my local IKEA (I'm from Singapore). There were 2 in a pot. But I didn't do anything to it, water or repot for about close to 10 days(because the soil was damp). Then when I watered it, I noticed the roots had overgrown under the pot. So I decided to separate the two plants and repot them. The other one unfortunately didn't survive cos I did something stupid but the current one doing great. I mixed 50-50 potting soil and cactus soil.

After the FLF is stabilized, about 3 weeks later I start to see roots on the surface. Suspecting I didn't use enough soil, I top up the pot with about one inch, to cover the roots and water it. It was doing great as I noticed new tips emerging. But one week later, which is now, the roots appear on the surface. I watered it recently so the pot is still heavy and moist.

Why do the roots keep going up the surface? Any cause for concern ?

Comment (1)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.