debmv

Pros and Cons of using rubber mulch

debmv
9 years ago
Next year we plan on redoing our small front yard. We are removing the lawn entirely mainly because we are fighting a losing battle with neighbors who could careless about dandelions and weeds in general and our province is placing a ban on pesticides. I don't want to get into that debate I would like some sound advice and experience on rubber mulch. I don't like the look of wood mulch as it looks dirty and messy very quickly, your thoughts?

Comments (5)

• Curt D'Onofrio
    9 years ago
    I can only comment on your last sentence about the wood mulch. Yes, the black mulch looks good while still in bag. After it dried out ours looked terrible. We replaced it with red mulch. Of course it also lighted up when dried but still looks a lot better than the black.
    debmv thanked Curt D'Onofrio
  • mrsscago
    9 years ago
    Red mulch is for Burger King . It's unnatural, you want something that looks organic- not red.
  • debmv
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I should have clarified, I'm not talking about wood mulch I'm asking opinions on rubber mulch. We like the espresso black color as it mimics the earth and it's guranteed to not fade for 12 years.
  • PRO
    Direct Rubber Mulch
    9 years ago
    Take a look at some of our photos to see some of our client's applications of rubber mulch!
    Be sure to get a product that is steel-free and offers the color fade guarantee for at least 10 years. This is how you can ensure it is a trustworthy product.
    debmv thanked Direct Rubber Mulch
  • debmv
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    We started our landscape project and we used rubber mulch that is steel free and guaranteed for 10 years.....we are really happy with the look. We used the espresso color. Thanks for answering and thanks for the pics they're really nice.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.