neha_verma4288530

Painting wood vs Laminate vs Vineer

Neha Verma
9 years ago
Hi am doing the Kitchen for my new apartment. Its not very big - 10ft by 6.5 ft open kitchen. Due to its size I want to do an all white kitchen. Please help me decide whether I should go for Laminate or Vineer or just paint the wood white. I can't decide whether I want glossy or matt etc.

I know Vineer is going to be the most expensive but if it looks nice , I am willing to invest in it.

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Mudian Crafted
    9 years ago
    The choice of Laminate vs Painted vs Veneer would be how you would be using your kitchen and sometimes personal preference as well.

1. Laminate finishing in your kitchen would allow you to have a great choice of colours from woodgrain, pastel, gloss, etc. Laminates are also more resilient to scratching and wear.

2. Spray paint finishing depends on the type of colour you choose, will give the cabinet a real nice feel especially in a matt type white finish. Spray painted finishes do have a con with chipping and scratches in the long run.

3. veneer is made out of natural wood and if you are someone who likes the natural and warm finishing of a natural looking wood finish, this would be a good choice. Although veneer has a high tendency for scratches and marking, so you would need to have special care with it.
    Neha Verma thanked Mudian Crafted
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.