laurenburke

is there a contact for this beautiful custom iron stair work in Houston?

laurenburke
12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Grand Staircase · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Stair Design / Iron Design
    12 years ago
    Please refer to my website for my contact info, i could manufacture a iron system like this, as well as many other unique designs
  • laurenburke
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    wonderful. what is the railing made of?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    the body of the rail is a iron/ steel mix, the top rail would be brass or bronze, as you can see the bronze needs a lot of upkeep to keep that shinny look, as people run there hands up the rail the oils transfer and create tarnishing
  • laurenburke
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    what is the difference between brass and bronze handrails? who often would it need to be polished? currently there is a wood handrail, could a similar look be achieved by reusing the wooden handrail?

On your sample, the body also has a little brass or bronze in the medallions, right? I have a similar staircase but it curves up a wall so I only need one row of the iron work going up (might have about 17 - 21 steps? Then it will twist a round a little. At the left side, it will also need to continue down a hallway a little overlooking the 1st floor. How could I get an estimate? what would the left side of this railing cost?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Brass and Bronze are basicly the same material, as for how offten you would have to polish, it all depends on how much it gets used, i would say once a month would be fine, but even if it gets to the point of tarnish like the picture shows it can be brought back to polished with a little old fashon elbow grease

Please contact me via my information on my website, www.stairdesignonline.com
    I would be happy to discuss pricing and designs with you

I look forward to hearing from you
    Jim
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.