anchorage1

Staging Bedroom - House for Sale

anchorage1
9 years ago
Our house is for sale. This is the guest bedroom. What improvements can I make to this room that would be cost effective?

Thoughts:
Flower on nightstand. What color/style of pot?
Mirror on right side of bed ?
Pillows- what color and style?
Fabric on end of bed?
Anything on top of armoire?

Thank you in advance!

Comments (7)

• anchorage1
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Another view
  • PRO
    John Stapleton
    9 years ago
    When selling, less is more. It is often easier for a buyer to imagine their stuff where your stuff isn't.
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    9 years ago
    I accidentally voted for a flower on the night table. This is the last thing you need. LESS is MORE! The more things you have cluttering up the interior the less the buyer will be able to contemplate where their things will go. Take out all your personal pictures, religious items (if any). Confine all clutter. REMOVE, REMOVE, REMOVE.
  • hazeldazel
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    my vote is for taking half of the stuff out of this room - you have WAY too much knick knacks and decorative items. If you remove the chair and huge armoire, it will look spacious instead of crowded. If the room looks crowded, my head tells me the room is small (even if it isn't).
  • User
    9 years ago
    Remove the big tapestry thing above the head of the bed. It's too ornate for a staged house and appeals to a very specific taste.
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 years ago
    Add anything that will make the space look larger and take away anything that makes the space look smaller (the wing chair and armoire). Mirrors add more light and give the illusion of a larger space although can be awkward in a bedroom. Add decorative pillows and a throw at the end of the bed to create desire for the buyer to want to be in that bed.
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.