luxdeco

POLL: 'Traditional Christmas' vs 'Contemporary Christmas' ?

LuxDeco
9 years ago
Whether you're a sucker for a traditional christmas or if you're the contemporary type and like to have a select few decorations let me know which one you prefer in your home, Photos are welcome!
Traditional Christmas
Contemporary Christmas
Both

Comments (10)

• Emmeline Westin
    9 years ago
    Good topic Linda, traditional all the way for me!
    LuxDeco thanked Emmeline Westin
  • Luciana
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Both every time!! Just pick and choose what you like and work on combining them tastefully - you can end up with something spectacular.
    LuxDeco thanked Luciana
  • cinderellaslipper
    9 years ago
    Luciana, your MIL has a very good style, and those paintings are fab..Kyffin Williams, & William Selwyn if I am not mistaken?Welsh style is a lesson in understated Country house..
  • wallielo
    9 years ago
    both for me, combining family oldies (decorations) to my new family newbies (decorations) its all fun .. enjoy every one x
  • Luciana
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    @cinderellaslipper - you are right! It is Kyffin Williams, MIL has quite a few of his paintings. Also, she has great taste and sense of style, and is what I call 'a genuine lady'! I'm very lucky to have her as my MIL; plus, my husband has been raised by her, so he is just as great!! :))

If you want to see a bit more of her house, have a look at this: http://www.houzz.co.uk/projects/306977/monicas
  • janet_walton99
    8 years ago

I think I need to add some red into my Christmas tree because it doesn't seem to match the decorations on the fireplace now. Maybe a red ribbon going through it?

• PRO
    The Magical Christmas Wreath Company
    7 years ago

We chop and change each year from traditional to contemporary. So nice to plan a fresh look each Christmas.

• PRO
    Art Discovery Ltd T/A Artfinder
    7 years ago

Always traditional!

• PRO
    Hillside Interiors
    7 years ago

Nice to keep traditions going.

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.