emhutch

Love or Loathe Native Australian Flowers?

Emily Hutchinson
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
I would love to know what everyone thinks of decorating your home with native Australian flowers.

Holiday Decorating: Celebrating an Australian Christmas outdoors · More Info
Love them – Aussie through and through
They are okay, but in small portions
Nope, leave them in the bush

Comments (10)

• asquithoatley
    9 years ago
    I loathe DRIED Australian flowers only. Most people thing Australian flowers are those dead looking proteas ( usually they are from South Africa) or dull banksias.
    FRESH Aussie flowers are beautiful, and make a stunning display- Flannel flowers, wattle , NSW Christmas bush, flowering gum blossoms , waratahs , grevilleas etc
  • PRO
    Emily Hutchinson
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I agree asquithoatley! So many beautiful fresh Aussie flower options.
  • PRO
    TB ID
    9 years ago
    oi oi oi
  • Georgie
    9 years ago
    Love!!!
  • PRO
    Build House Home
    9 years ago
    I particularly like plain old eucalyptus in vases, smells fresh and lasts for ages
  • User
    8 years ago

Great on graves. The possums prefer to eat exotics first.

• LouieT
    8 years ago

We use cuttings from whatever is flowering in our garden for the house, Honey Gem grevillea is a favourite as they flower most of the year. Flowers are sooo expensive to buy!

• User
    8 years ago

Fresh, definitely.

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Fresh sunflowers would be nice to grow for the house & apparently the seeds are good feed for laying hens too!

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.