francesca_haselden

Need to tidy up mens beauty care bottles and lotions

I live in a small rented flat with my partner, he uses the en suite bathroom which is pretty small and has no shelving space.

He keeps all his personal care items just outside the door on our chest of drawers. I keep a few bits of mine there too which I am planning to move to the "family" bathroom.

What can I do to help him organise his things? Once we've removed the items that he doesn't use every day, there will still be several items (hair gel, deodorant, cologne, moisturiser).

He also has a terrible habit of putting things back not as pictured, but right on the front of the drawer unit which makes it look even messier. Pots and bottles everywhere.

Looking for advice and a way to keep thing tidy that he'll stick to (such as assigned spaces for each thing).

I'd love something that has a bit more of a "decoration" aspect too.

Comments (9)

• hortonhearsawho2013
    9 years ago
    How about buying a biggish stylish toiletry bag and piling every thing into it? It works for my hubby and when we have people in, I can just dump them in a cupboard without losing something!
  • missym49
    9 years ago
    I bought a tall wicker basket with a lid. Just tall enough to fit the products. Narrow enough to not take up much room. My husband can access it easily and keeps everything tidy and unless guests lift the lid it looks great. Check Crate and Barrel or Pottery Barn.
  • PRO
    Stella Michael
    9 years ago
    Wicker basket would work well as long as he used it! would suggest either open at the top or with a lid that is attached so won't just get left off and lying around. I shallow wicker basket with a handle could also work, then easy to move when needed. also what about hanging a shower caddy style item behind/over the door?
  • Sarah Talbot
    9 years ago
    Garden Trading do a sectioned Kitchen Tidy which comes in 3 shades. If you turn the wording to the wall it might work well and look nice?
  • Daily Optic
    9 years ago
    These behind-the-door shelves would work well in a small bathroom:

www.hammacher.com/Product/83384

They attach to the existing door hinges and can be swung open once the door is closed.
  • PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    9 years ago
    B & Q do some colourful low baskets, very cheap (£3) into which you and he could pile your bottles etc. At least they would be together and look neater
  • PRO
    Harborough Decorators
    9 years ago
    I love mirrored "open top" boxes - get them as tall as the tallest products. They make a small area look sleek and brighter , and he can still just grab and drop back when he has used stuff. I'd get a row of maybe four identical , about as narrow as a shoebox size or smaller so that they just sit along the top nicely together. weddingbee a few years back shows how to make them of you can't find any locally.
    If your back wall was papered I'd be papering the boxes to match and then they wouldn't be so noticeable. (I'm a one for wallpaper!)
  • laurz84
    9 years ago
    If you have the space get a freestanding narrow storage unit...
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.